• 未分類
  • 未分類

Who live in BayArea??

Lv1 咕嚕

文章63

活動0

發表日期2002年2月14日

2002-02-14
Hi, Since Nonow ask me where do I live in BayArea, I would like to ask every sister who live in BayArea can sign your name here.

OKay, I am the first one.
This is 咕嚕 I live in Fremont and work in San Jose. ^_^

Weather is wam and nice today. Does early spring come to Bay Area?
  • 加入最愛

• 檢舉文章

• Line分享

• FB分享

文章52

活動0

發表日期2002年2月14日

Hello, 咕嚕,Szuting,

This is peipeihsieh living in Mountain view and working in Milpitas. I am hoping that we can have 網聚 here. It's always very pleasant to know more and more friends.
檢舉此篇回覆
Lv1 shi

文章70

活動0

發表日期2002年2月14日

HI, I am Jing.
我將在今年六月嫁到美國....不知道算不算這裡的一份子...
我的老公在San Jose 工作,目前住在Saratoga.......
我們打算換一間新的房子(rental),不知各位姐妹是否打推薦一下
Thanka a lot!!
檢舉此篇回覆
Lv1 nonow

文章148

活動0

發表日期2002年2月14日

My gosh, all these rich people we have here, Fremont, Palo Alto, Mt. View, and Saratoga....Jk :P

Me~ who live in San Leandro, used to work for all those so called ".com bubbles" throughout San Francisco, Milpitas, Fremont, and Sunnyvale, and yet, now doing freelance.... Yup, I am one of the bubbles.

Ya know, I have this funny feeling that we probably know each other from somewhere through some friends already... hey, everything is possible, isn't it?!

So both 咕嚕 & peipeihsieh are working, and Szuting is a student in Stanford?

How about exchange email addresses or anyone got any idea?
檢舉此篇回覆
Lv1 nonow

文章148

活動0

發表日期2002年2月14日

Hi Jing,
didn't mean to ignore you...
welcome to the bay area!! soon~
檢舉此篇回覆

文章52

活動0

發表日期2002年2月14日

To those trying to find a rental in the Bay Area:

1. Definitely you can go to "apartmentguide", "rental.com" to search an apartment. Usually that's property company owned apartment. Sometimes, the rental information has not been updated for quite a long time. Besides, I don't like to live in a huge complex, such as Avalon. Because managers always can't remember who you are, and which apartment you live.

2. Recommend you go to "Bayarea.com"
The classified is from local "Mercury News". It's daily update and you can find the exact market price and information. When you go into "classified" page, then click " local classified from Mercury News". Don't go to "find an apartment" on the right. That will lead you to somewhere just like "apartmentguide". Then click "Rental" under "Real Estate". Usually I use "advance search" to refine the search criteria, such as city, rent cap, and how many bedrooms. You can find the personal owned apartment or small complex here.

3. Try "paloaltodailynews"
Go to "www. paloaltodailynews.com". You also can find the classified is daily updated.

So that you don't need to buy Mercury news just for the classified. :-) And it will be easier for you to find the apartment you like.

Good luck!
檢舉此篇回覆
Lv1 shi

文章70

活動0

發表日期2002年2月14日

真的.真的.真的....很謝謝你們提供這麼多資訊給我!!感動呢~~
不好意思,想再請問一下各位,我想到美國之後應該找個地方學英文
目前考慮的是De Anza的語文學校,請問還有其他學費不算貴的學校嗎?
另外,若我先將托福考完再申請語文學校是不是比較好呢?
因為今年我還是研二的學生,未來的三個月都會忙論文口試的事情...
雖然已經補完托福但一直還沒有安排時間考試(偷懶啦 :p)
謝謝妳們提供寶貴的意見.........
my mail address: shi(@)ms14(.)hinet(.)net
檢舉此篇回覆
Lv1 咕嚕

文章63

活動0

發表日期2002年2月14日

Dear Jing:

I have no idea with the ESL in BayArea because I got my Master degree in Missouri and find job in CA
But in my opinioin, if your English is not too poor, you can take some classes in college instead of ESL because in ESL, there are a lot of people come from Taiwan or China, you will be lazy to practice English. Taking class in regular college you can not only practice English but also learn some skills.

Besides, you can take TOEFL in the US once a month and it is cheaper than Taiwan.( Sorry, I toke TOEFL in computer way on Aug. 1998). : P

The housing is cool down a little recently. It is not difficult to find a nice apartment.

Best wishes,

咕嚕
檢舉此篇回覆
Lv1 nonow

文章148

活動0

發表日期2002年2月14日

szuting,
I agree!! talk more out of the board, not too much on here... however, where?.... well, i just saw that your connection is through stanford.edu... which my guess was from...
best wishes on your job hunting!
檢舉此篇回覆

文章52

活動0

發表日期2002年2月14日

I agree with Szuting that we should talk about personal life in another board.

Actually I just created a community in MSN. Please drop by and send me an email so that I can approve your discussion in the bulletin board.

The address is
communities(.)msn(.)com(/)bridetobeinbayarea

This is my first time to be the board manager, and to be honest with you, I am not quite sure if I know all the functions. If somebody is familiar MSN communities, welcome to give us advice.

Come on! Stop by this community.
檢舉此篇回覆
Lv1 shi

文章70

活動0

發表日期2002年2月14日

不好意思,之前我問的問題似乎已不在結婚相關範圍...sorry!
不過仍然謝謝大家的解答....
還有..不知各位加入peipeihsieh's board ^_^ 希望很快可以看到各位的加入!!
檢舉此篇回覆
感謝您,於veryWed分享您寶貴的經驗,送出前請詳閱以下條款: