• 未分類
  • 未分類

有沒有水水可以告訴我哪裡找得到英文版的台灣訂婚禮俗???

文章13

活動0

發表日期2004年7月5日

2004-07-05
我在9月份要訂婚囉! 但因為未來的老公是澳洲人.... 跟未來的婆婆解釋台灣的訂婚禮俗... 她卻一知半解的??? 加上跟她講聘金的禮俗她不但聽不懂..... 還覺得不可思議..... (喜事還談錢的問題).更不要說還要發紅包的事.. 有點不開心.....事實上我的家人已決定不擺聘金.....了 算是免了這個習俗..... 但總覺得還是想讓未來婆婆了解整個習俗內容.... 不甘心她誤會了我們台灣的習俗....希望知道這方面訊息的水水可以助我一臂之力!!!!
  • 加入最愛

• 檢舉文章

• Line分享

• FB分享

Lv1 yaya74

文章650

活動0

發表日期2004年7月6日

Hi!

I don't think it is necessary to tell your future mother-in-law about the silly Engagement tradition that Taiwanese practices, especially if you are not going to follow any of that. If you do, it will just further confuse her and I don't think she will like to hear about the rules. No one in the western culture can really understand why Taiwanese practices that and those engagement rituals really do not make sense. Wedding is really supposed to be a happy time for both families of bride and groom, and it should not be a moment to discuss how much the groom should pay the bride's family!!!

If you really want her to know, just tell your future mother in-law that in the Chinese society, women don't work. Therefore, when a daughter is getting married, the groom's family needs to give dowry to bride's family to thank them for raising the kid as well as to make sure they are doing well financially. That is exactly what the money is all about! Don't you think this tradition really disgrace the social status of us modern women? In the western wedding ritual, bride is the most important person. During the ceremony, guests rise to greet the bride. In the stationary, bride's name goes before the groom.

Hope it helps.
檢舉此篇回覆

文章13

活動0

發表日期2004年7月6日

YaYa:

Thanks for your help.....you are totally right!!!! I agree with you!

from the begining, my future mother in law just curious for Taiwanese tradtional wedding and engagement custome..but after I try to tell her what is the story about..she just couldn't believe our culture actually involves money situation...

But the same thing in western culture..Bride's family has to pay the wedding expenses because they reckon wedding is made by bride..not groom.. my mother also feel not comfortable about this as well...but she did respet western culture...so, my family did help pay off half wedding cost (other half my husband will pay it)and all engagement costs... I appreciated my family done those for me....

it just depends the people..I guess....
檢舉此篇回覆
Lv1 joem

文章26

活動0

發表日期2004年7月7日

you should thank your family.....it's the difference between western and estern....not your in-law or your family problem.....just be a happy bride...Good luck!!*^_^*
檢舉此篇回覆

文章13

活動0

發表日期2004年7月7日

Thanks! Joem.....

I will..at least I still got a very caring and loverly man.....and my parents totaly understand this and respect my choice..thats why they would done those things for me..I need cherish my parents whole my life!!!
檢舉此篇回覆
感謝您,於veryWed分享您寶貴的經驗,送出前請詳閱以下條款: